Kikinda National Museum was founded on November 7, 1946. It is situated in the building of former Greater-Kikinda District’s Magistrate (Kurija). The Museum has six departments: archeological, ethnological, historical, natural history, fine art and pedagogical departments. The three neighboring municipalities: Kikinda, Ada and Čoka embrace the Museum’s activities.
Since 2006 the original remains of one of the best preserved mammoth skeletons in Europe is kept at the Museum.